Tuesday 5 May 2015

Student Incentives

It's always good to have a little motivation for students to practice and try hard! In the past I have tended to use stickers as my only incentives, and it worked well.

I recently came into contact with a group of teachers and came across this idea, which I instantly fell in love with. It's similar to my previous method, but adds an extra prize element every month or two!

Student's who have mastered a piece, receive a sticker for the accomplishment. ...Even my adult students usually love to take one! ;) This also applies to each theory homework page completed.

I also love to reward hard work, so at the end of each lesson, if I can tell they have practiced well, the receive a sticker for their hard work!

I keep a small flip-book by the lesson area with a card for each student with their name on it. When a student has filled a card (30 stickers), they get to open the "treasure box" and pick a prize!!! I can't wait to try it out!

Feel free to leave a comment, I'd love to hear any other suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment